Saturday, July 21, 2012

Read Alouds

I had a thought in the shower today, that is where the best thoughts come from after all, about how I needed to try to record some books for my students to listen to as a listening center or to replace me talking during read alouds.  I then thought that I would ask my teammates if they wanted to record a few stories as well and then we could share.  But then I thought why stop there?  I would love to have a good number of books to choose from (maybe 1 per week) for my students to be able to listen to for fluency, so I will be proposing to my school that each teacher choose one book from our school library (one with mulitple copies would be ideal, but any story will do) and to record themselves reading it.  We could place an icon on our computers or record each teacher a disc for their classroom.  Books would be labeled with a special sticker that says TRA# (Teacher Read Aloud and the number assigned to each teacher).  I figure this would be a great way for the whole school to have access.  Students would also have the chance to me self motivated to hear the read aloud by checking it out from the library and asking the teacher for the recording.  I know some students might also like to hear former teachers or new teachers read stories to them at any grade level.  What are ways you incorporate your peers in your teaching?

No comments:

Post a Comment